Simple things to enjoy on a long weekend
There’s something luxurious about the simple pleasure of a bank holiday weekend.
I took this photo on a weekend break to Florence with my daughter before the pandemic.
It’s always lovely to get away somewhere, but that’s not always possible.
A long weekend at home can still feel like a treat, with the right mindset.
I’m trying not to do too much, but I know that if I don’t make a plan, the time could easily just slip away without me feeling I’ve made the most of it.
Just two things on my agenda
- I want to spend some time doing a few small things at home that will freshen it up a little.
- I also want to do a few small things to take care of myself just because I like doing them.
Taking care of my home is something I enjoy but don’t always have enough time for and if I’m honest, looking after myself is not always as high on the list of priorities as it should be.
This bank holiday weekend they are the main things on my agenda.
My list of simple things
I loved writing this list!
- Clear out my bathroom cupboards. I love how it feels afterwards.
- Treat myself to some beautiful flowers. I might even go to Columbia Road flower market on Sunday.
- Make a new playlist. I often tag new songs, so I want to take time to prepare and polish up a new playlist.
- Do a ‘relax and restore’ yoga class. My local studio has classes to attend online or in-person. Yoga always helps me feel relaxed.
- Have an early night. I have really focused on sleep for the last couple of years and it makes such a difference.
- Take care of my plants. Watering, misting and maybe moving them to a new spot.
Almost everything on my list is simple and inexpensive or free.
Taking a moment to think through the things I’d like to do this weekend, I’ve thought about when I am going to do them and imagined myself doing them.
Knowing why I want to do the things I’m doing is important to me.
Re-reading my list it sounds as though I will spend my entire weekend by myself which is totally not the case.
My normal life continues as usual, with washing, cleaning, family time etc.
But by putting in some time to plan some nice things for myself, I’m more likely to actually do them.
Make time for you
What would be on your list of simple things to do this weekend?
I hope you can take some time for the small things that you enjoy.