Simple things to enjoy on a long weekend
There’s something luxurious about the simple pleasure of a bank holiday weekend.
I took this photo on a weekend break to Florence with my daughter last year.
It’s always lovely to get away somewhere, but that’s not always possible, especially at the moment.
A long weekend at home can still feel like a treat, with the right mindset.
I’m trying not to do too much, but I know that if I don’t make a plan, the time could easily just slip away without me feeling I’ve made the most of it.
Just two things on my agenda
I want to spend some time on doing a few small things around the home that will freshen it up a little.
I also want to do some things take care of myself or just because I like doing them.
If I’m honest, looking after myself is not always as high on the list of priorities as it should be.
Taking care of my home is something I enjoy but don’t always have enough time for.
This weekend they are the main things on my agenda.
My list of simple things
I loved writing this list!
- Clean and clear out my bathroom cupboards. I love how it feels afterwards.
- Treat myself to some beautiful flowers. My local supermarkets sell flowers and if I go really early in the morning, they will be super-quiet.
- Make a new music playlist to listen to while I’m tidying.
- Try a new recipe. I’m going all out on food-planning at the moment, and I love experimenting with new flavours.
- Try a ‘relax and restore’ yoga class. While my local studio is closed I’m trying Yoga with Adriene. Yoga always helps me feel relaxed.
- Have an early night. Going to bed early helps me stay calm, plus I can enjoy the early summer mornings.
- Watch a film. We have a family ‘film jar’ with films we would all like to see, and there’s nothing I like better than an early dinner and evening on the sofa. Related post: Family film-night
Almost everything on my list is simple and inexpensive or free.
Taking a moment to think through the things I’d like to do this weekend, I’ve thought about when I am going to do them and imagined myself doing them.
Knowing why I want to do the things I’m doing is important to me.
Re-reading my list it sounds as though I will spend my entire weekend by myself which is totally not the case.
My normal life continues as usual, with washing, cleaning etc.
But by putting in some time to plan some nice things for myself, I’m more likely to actually do them.
Make time for you
What would be on your list of simple things to do this weekend?
I hope you can take some time for the small things that you enjoy.