Low-key summer weekends are the best
There’s something luxurious about the simple pleasure of a low-key summer weekend.
I took this photo in my local park, where I’m lucky to have open space and lots of trees.
A summer weekend at home can really feel like a treat, with the right mindset.
I’m trying not to do too much, but I know that if I don’t make a plan, the time could easily just slip away without me feeling I’ve made the most of it.
The joy of pottering
I want to spend some time on doing a few small things around the home that will freshen it up a little.
I also want to do some things take care of myself or just because I like doing them.
If I’m honest, looking after myself is not always as high on the list of priorities as it should be.
Taking care of my home is something I enjoy but don’t always have enough time for.
This weekend they are the main things on my agenda.
My list of low-key things
I loved writing this list!
- Make a happy playlist. This took me ten minutes and it really brightened up my day.
- Beautiful flowers. A jug of seasonal flowers really lifts my energy. They don’t need to be expensive to be beautiful.
- A new recipe. I’m going all out on food-planning at the moment, and I love experimenting with new flavours. I made a spiced beetroot soup today, with yoghurt and parsley and it was so good.
- Yin yoga class. My local studio is open and I’m going to a relaxing Yin yoga class on Sunday afternoons. I also love Yoga with Adriene.
- Ice-cream. Summer-time is the only excuse I need!
- Watch a film. I’m going to the cinema weekly at the moment, because I love the big screen. We also have a family ‘film jar’ with films we would all like to see, and there’s nothing I like better than an early dinner and evening on the sofa. Related post: Family film-night
Re-reading my list it sounds as though I will spend my entire weekend by myself which is totally not the case.
My normal life continues as usual, with washing, cleaning, tidying etc.
But by putting in some time to plan some low-key but lovely things for myself, I’m more likely to actually do them.
Make time for you
What would be on your list of low-key things to do next weekend?
I hope you can take some time for the small things that you enjoy.